Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More about the Moon...

"Toad talked big about all he was going to do in the days to come,while stars grew fuller and larger all around them,and a yellow moon,appearing suddenly and silently from nowhere in particular,came to keep them company and listen to their talk..."~From Kenneth Grahame's "Wind and the Willows"~

~This is a story that I find to be quite adorable,and I hope you will forgive me,Christina Martin,for borrowing the quote that you just used on "Soul Aperture"....It is such a charming thought,to me,to think of the moon,as a quiet friend,keeping a small creature company,quietly,while he sits outside,and murmurs on about his dreams...I wanted to pair this thought with my little painting of this large,quiet,glowing moon! Hope it brings you a smile!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely, together with your adorable comment on my blog, today! Thank you, you made me happy!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of reading Goodnight Moon to my children. Nice painting, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lindy,
    Even though we are grown up,we still want to experience those beautiful children's books sometimes. I love to sneek peeks at them in the bookstore! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is lovely. and no i don't mind. it is a most beautiful quote, that goes perfectly, with your amazing art.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this today..."Wind and the Willows" makes my heart dance...love those stories.

    Hugs to you and such a sweet watercolour today. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete